International Student 招生
Vice President for Student Enrollment
内布拉斯加州 Wesleyan University
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504-2794
wmotzer [at] kingfrist.net (wmotzer[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
电话: (402) 465-2551
International Student Programs
Director of Global Engagement
sbarr [at] kingfrist.net (sbarr[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
电话:+ 1 (402) 465-2193
International Student Advisor
yiwasaki [at] kingfrist.net (yiwasaki[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
电话:+ 1 (402) 465-2520
International students who are looking to study in America will want to consider 内布拉斯加州 Wesleyan University. 一个多世纪以来, our lively campus has been home to international students looking for a unique educational experience.
With a reputation for academic excellence, we can offer you a wide range of academic studies. International students receive personal attention from each of their professors and staff and will be guided into a focus of experiential learning.
International Student Programs
Types of students eligible for for our international student programs:
- First-year student – a student who has completed secondary school and wants to earn a degree(s) at NWU.
- Transfer student – a student who has completed some postsecondary or university study either in the U.S. or internationally, and wants to apply earned credits toward a bachelor’s degree at NWU.
- Exchange student – a student who wants to study abroad at NWU for one or two semesters, then return to their home institution.
- Through an exchange program, undergraduate programs are available for an academic year or semester. Current exchange partners: ISEP, MISEN, StudyUSA, IREX / UGRAD, Kwansei Gakuin University (Japan), Instituto Tecnologico de Monterrey (Mexico), Plymouth University (UK), University of Tartu (Estonia).
- For exchange student applications and more information, please contact a study abroad coordinator at your home university first.
NWU academic year starts in late August and goes through mid-May.
- Semester 1: late August to December
- Semester 2: early January to early May
International Student Resources and Support
Join our global community
In addition to creating global citizens and pursuing a global education, NWU strives to engage students in the global community we have on campus through our student organization called IRO (International Relations student Organization). Whether it is sampling foods at the International Cooking Night, participating in Nick Lee World Game event, or learn how to say “hi” in different languages through cultural presentations, no matter what your interests are, IRO organizes a variety of events you can attend throughout the academic year. Every week students from a range of different backgrounds come together for meetings where they are able to learn and share about their culture through presentations and different activities.
Each international student at NWU has the unique opportunity to be paired with an I-Pal, or “International Pal.” Learn about 内布拉斯加州 and NWU before you arrive through communication with your I-Pal. Your I-Pal will pick you up at the airport and show you around town the moment you land in Lincoln, 内布拉斯加州. Need a cell phone or a bank account? Don’t know what a Runza is or when the bus runs? Need help choosing classes or advice on which student organization to join? Your I-Pal will be available to help with your transition to your new home at NWU.
Student support is vital to academic success and it is represented in the numerous services NWU has to offer:
- 经过 库珀中心 for assistance and advice on research papers, presentations, and study skills.
- 参观 职业中心 for help with writing a resume and cover letter and applying for jobs/internships.
- Campus wide availability of Macintosh and Windows computers open to students any time of the day free of charge.
- 校园房屋 in halls such as Centennial Hall to meet other NWU and international students outside of class.